Founded in 2007, the Northwest Connecticut Chamber Education Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization, provides initiatives and educational programs benefitting the region.
The Foundation supports Leadership Northwest, Read Aloud and the WOW! Forum through the Chamber of Commerce of Northwest Connecticut, Inc. Scholarships are being established to assist students attending local colleges and universities.
Paul Patch, Chairman of the Board
Steven Zarrella, Vice Chairman of the Board
Northwest Community Bank
Brian Jones, Secretary
Carolyn Morrison, Treasurer
Thomaston Savings Bank
Robert E. Teittinen, Director
Kristin A. Roberts, Director
The Roberts Tax Group
JoAnn Ryan, President & CEO
To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a resident of the Town of North Canaan or Falls Village.
- Be accepted to a place of higher learning.
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Write a paragraph recounting academic and non-academic activities including recent employment, a brief description of your goals, and, most importantly, describing your community involvement.
- Provide a copy of his/her most current transcript.
- Have your completed application packet received by the May 15 deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
How to Apply
Return Completed Application to:
The Canaan Chamber of Commerce
c/o Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 801
Canaan, CT 06018
HVRHS Guidance Office
243 Warren Turnpike
Falls Village, CT 06031