Barron & Company, LLP- Payroll Specialist
Full Job Description
An excellent career opportunity exists at Barron & Company, LLP. We are seeking a Payroll Specialist to provide timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related services, including recordkeeping and reporting.
The Payroll Specialist performs payroll-related functions, including payroll processing, payroll tax compliance, and payroll reporting. The Payroll Specialist provides excellent customer service and is well versed in the payroll process.
Core Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Administer and process payroll for multiple, multi-frequency clients as scheduled
- Knowledgeable in compliance regarding federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Prepares off-cycle payrolls and manual checks as necessary
- Builds strong partnership with clients by providing superior service
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism with team members and clients
- Assist with payroll audits to help ensure accuracy, as needed
- Reconcile payroll deposits, tax withholdings, wage adjustments, benefit/voluntary deductions prior to transmission and validate reports
- Transmit payrolls and taxes timely
- Transmit payroll benefit processing, such as 401k funding, timely
- Respond to unemployment inquiries
- Perform all necessary activities to process payroll, including but not limited to analyzing, preparing, and reviewing timesheet and other data to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes and other deductions.
- Manage updates to employee payroll database including new hire setup, terminations, withholdings, other deductions, and changes to pay rates.
- Detail oriented, exhibiting strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of experience of payroll processing.
- Associates Degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred;
- Experience with large payroll processing that includes exposure to benefits and 401(k)
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite of software to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- 401(k) with matching/profit sharing
- Shortened work week schedule after busy season
- Dental insurance available
- Disability insurance available
- Health insurance available
- Paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour