Barron & Company, LLP- Staff Accountant
Full Job Description
An excellent career opportunity exists at Barron & Company, LLP. We are seeking a Staff Accountant to add to our experienced staff. We are a local firm with offices in Torrington and West Hartford. Although we are a small firm, we offer challenging work within a team-oriented workplace. If you are looking for a true work-life balanced environment, please submit your name for further consideration.
Barron & Company, LLP seeks an experienced Staff Accountant for a year-round position. We specialize in closely held businesses and need a professional with strong interpersonal and organizational skills to assist in providing tax preparation and financial statement support, as well as tax and business consulting.
- Maintain confidentiality, professionalism and a positive working relationship with team members and clients.
- Provides quality client support to maintain a high rate of client retention.
- Detail oriented, exhibiting strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems through effective customer service and communication.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks for effective time management.
- 3 to 5 years public accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred; currently a CPA or on track for testing
- Experience with Lacerte tax software and QuickBooks preferred
- Proficiency with computers and general office equipment (fax, copiers, scanners).
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite of software including Outlook, Word and Excel
- 401(k) with matching/profit sharing
- Shortened work week schedule after busy season
- Dental insurance available
- Disability insurance available
- Health insurance available
- Paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary $60,000 – $75,000 a year