Brooker Memorial- Dental Assistant
Position: Dental Assistant
Assists Dentists and Hygienists during exam and treatment of patients. It is essential to be flexible, friendly and work in a team environment. In addition, the Dental Assistant must display excellent communication skills and a commitment to patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patients, take temperature escorts them to treatment area
- Ensure quality patient care, effective communication and personal attention in a gentle and caring manner.
- Prepare the treatment rooms, patient records, equipment and necessary instruments for dental procedures.
- Provide chairside assistance to the Doctor including but not limited to basic and complex restorative, surgical, endodontic, pediatric, emergency and preventative dental treatment procedures.
- Must be trained in the use of Nitrous Oxide
- Explain to each patient/parent the purpose and process involved in their dental care and reinforce the treatment plan prescribed by the Doctor.
- Explain treatment consents, answer patient questions and obtain patient signatures.
- Effectively communicate and develop a strong working relationship with the Doctor and promote teamwork through cooperative and professional behaviors with all dental staff
- Properly clean and sanitize treatment rooms after use.
- Take radiographs as prescribed by the dental provider, help develop radiographs for dental providers
- Participate in OSHA, HIPPA and any other trainings required.
- Provide assistance to hygienists, other assistants and front desk as time allows or when requested.
- Must have at least 1 year of dental assisting experience
- Must have a HS Diploma
- Must be x-ray certified
- Must be Infection Control Certified
- Willing to train the right candidate
- Must be reliable, able to multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Must be flexible
- Must be a team player