Fairchild Automated Parts-Material Handler/Parts Washer
Job Description for Material Handler/Parts Washer
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager, also Office Manager
Summary: Responsible for performing receiving duties and issuing raw material to machines, processing chips and processing paperwork by performing the following duties:
Duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and inspects incoming shipments for discrepancies and damages and reports problems promptly to the appropriate person.
- Stores material and supplies within the warehouse according to item description by safely performing physical tasks such as lifting, carrying, and stacking, by hand or safely using material handling equipment.
- Signs for incoming deliveries, loads and unloads delivery trailers/trucks by hand or with material handling equipment as needed.
- Maintains shipping and receiving documentation in a neat and orderly manner.
- Reports shipping and receiving details to the appropriate department on a regular and timely basis.
- Maintains the warehouse and receiving area in a safe and orderly manner.
- Use weight scale, bar chamfer, crane, band-saw, chip spinner in a safe manner.
- Maintenance, such as shoveling, snowblowing, checking exit lights, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Receives and cleans parts in solvent and blows the solvent off of the parts.
- Parts are counted using the scale in the Parts-Cleaning area.
- Cleaned parts are then taken into QA to be inspected.
- Stores parts for others to inspect in the Nonconforming Material area.
- Maintains PartsWash area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Oral communication skills: must speak English and understand English
Writing/reading communications skills: must be able to read and write English
Math aptitude: must know fractions and decimals
Measuring device aptitude: must be able to use a micrometer/calipers/scale
Organization: must be able to keep the warehouse and parts-wash areas clean and orderly and safe
Time management: should be able to prioritize time and work efficiently
Ability to lift up to 35 pounds regularly, and more occasionally; reaching overhead, bending down
Must be able to see different colors to tell different materials apart. We also color code things so must be able to distinguish colors.
High School diploma or equivalent. Prior receiving/warehouse experience helpful
Fairchild Auto-Mated Parts, Inc. 10 White Street, Winsted, CT 06098, phone 860-379-2725