KidsPlay Children’s Museum- Development Director
Role Description: Development Director
Reports to: Museum Director
Under the guidance of the Museum Director, the Development Director will strengthen financial sustainability of the Museum using strategies that secure and increase giving from donors. The Development Director helps donors and prospects accomplish their philanthropic goals through a relationship with KidsPlay Children’s Museum. The Development Director will ensure that all ambassadors (Board, Staff and Museum Director) have what they need to be successful in their efforts to increase financial resources.
- Articulate the Museum’s impact for funders in written and oral communications.
- Participate in the implementation of the Fundraising Plan that includes an annual appeal, a major gifts program, events, planned giving, endowment building and a capital campaign.
- Develop campaign materials and communications.
- Track and report progress on fundraising initiatives.
- Spearhead donor cultivation and stewardship initiatives and prospect research (individuals, foundations and corporations).
- Coordinates outreach and meetings with current and prospective donors partnering with Museum Director and Board members when appropriate.
- Drafts talking points, approach strategies and prospect research profiles for Museum Director and Board in advance of donor meetings and events.
- Manage timely gift processing, donor acknowledgements, the donor database and reports.
- Coordinate grant proposals.
- Further develop the fundraising infrastructure with the Museum Director and Board.
- Demonstrate support of the museum’s mission, management and Board of Directors.
- Perform any other required duties as requested by the Museum Director.
- Keep confidential the business functions of the Museum including, but not limited to, customer information, employee issues, etc.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Energetic, enthusiastic, well-organized, and creative.
- Displays a friendly, welcoming manner.
- Models integrity, objectivity and courtesy.
- Patience and understanding for every person who is encountered.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, including the ability to gracefully work with varied personalities and constituencies to accomplish goals.
- Is flexible and adaptable to the changes that occur in the position.
- Communicates effectively in writing, telephone and in person.
- Is organized, honest, works well with others and has an outgoing and positive personality.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Not-for-profit experience.
- At least five years experience fundraising, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability in technology use and database management.
- Museum, nonprofit or school experience preferred.
- Successful results on a criminal and sexual abuse background screening.
- Considerable standing, walking, stooping, and stair climbing.
- Ability to assist caregivers during building evacuation.
- Some lifting of more than 20 lbs., bending, and stretching overhead is required.
- Potential exposure to paints, glues and solvents.
- Outdoor activities may expose this position to extremes in temperature and inclement weather.
Full-time position of forty (40) hours per week. This position is required to start early or end late and/or and may include weekend activities.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range: $55,000 to $65,000 (commensurate with experience)
- 10 Days Time Off Benefit
- 6 Days Health Management Leave
- 5 Paid Holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas or Hanukkah plus 3 floating holidays.
Please submit an application via http://kidsplaymuseum.org/about/employment.php.
Please be prepared to submit:
- Cover Letter with an expression of interest
- Three letters of professional reference with contact information
Phone inquiries, mail or in person submissions will not be accepted.
KidsPlay Children’s Museum requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or submit to COVID-19 testing once per week. All employees, volunteers and guests (2+) are required to wear a mask at all times within the Museum’s galleries regardless of vaccination status.
KidsPlay Children’s Museum, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.