O&G Industries, Inc. – Accountant – Torrington
We like people who love debits and credits.
O&G Industries, Inc., an innovative and diversified construction company located in Torrington, CT, seeks an Accountant to join our team. The candidate should possess a thorough understanding of accounting functions, such as purchase and sales cycle accrual accounting and its inter-connectivity to AR, AP, inventory, and cost of goods sold.
- Reconcile numerous accounts
- Prepare journal entries and financial statements
- Prepare year-end work papers
- Assist in the preparation of various informational, sales, and property tax filings
- Proactive in investigating and resolving differences identified during reconciliation processes
- Document findings and propose corrective adjustments
- Associate’s degree in accounting tied in with relevant work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in general accounting
- Experience with preparing and analyzing financial statements
- Experience with JDE, QuickBooks, Sage, Great Plains, MS Office including Excel and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail/accuracy
- Organizational and prioritization skills
To access different languages for the application process, click START YOUR APPLICATION. Find the drop-down box in the right-hand corner and navigate between English, Spanish, French and Italian.
O&G Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. O&G Industries also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Women and Veterans of the US Armed Services are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Participating Employer.
Please send any cover letters and/or resumes to email@example.com or go to our website www.ogind.com/jobs to fill out an application.