O&G Industries, Inc.- Accountant
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Torrington, CT
O&G Industries, Inc., an innovative and diversified construction and building materials company based in Torrington, CT, seeks an Accountant to join our team. Closing in on our 100th anniversary, we are a highly respected leader in our field and ranked as one of the top construction firms in the Northeast.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate technical knowledge of core accounting functions such as accrual accounting of the purchase and sales cycle and its interconnectivity to AR, AP, inventory, and cost of goods sold. In addition, the reconciliation of cash and other accounts, investigation and resolution of differences identified during the reconciliation process, and preparation of journal entries and workpapers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred (significant experience in lieu of a degree will be considered)
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience
- Demonstrable experience preparing and analyzing financial statements and the maintenance/balance of the GL in an accurate and timely manner
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills – identify, investigate and resolve issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Experience with Excel and some or all of the following: JD Edwards, QuickBooks, Great Plains
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package along with a 401(k) match.
We are an affirmative action – equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Veterans of the United States Armed Forces are encouraged to apply.