O&G Industries, Inc. – Application Support Business Analyst
If you’re ready to start building your career with a company dedicated to employing the most talented workforce in the industry, we’re ready to speak with you!
O&G Industries, Inc., an innovative and diversified construction company, located in Torrington, CT, is seeking an Application Support Business Analyst to join our team. In our 100th year of business, we are a highly respected leader in our field and ranked as one of the top construction firms in the Northeast.
The Application Support Business Analyst is expected to work collaboratively across the organization with key stakeholders.
This role reports directly to the IT Special Projects Manager.
- Provide front line support responding to user needs in terms of applications, procedures and reports
- Respond to incident and service requests, as escalated by the IT Help Desk or related to the assigned applications or functions being supported
- Work as a liaison between the business users of applications and the IT Development team
- Conduct training programs to educate users about basic and specialized applications
- Research, design, and manage implementation of new technology, conversions and applications that require technical understanding. Monitor progress against plan and assist in the development of functional specifications, user testing procedures, and training plan
- Support our Mason and Concrete Division as needed – Point of Sale/Inventory Systems, Concrete Go/Sysdyne systems
- Experience with SaaS/PaaS, client-server-based applications, desktop applications, Microsoft Office and Teams, and reporting tools
- Experience with JD Edwards or a similar ERP program
- Experience with application support software (incident reporting, testing, etc.) and the Software Development Lifecycle
- Software design and administration knowledge preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package that includes health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, company paid long term disability insurance, paid holidays, and earned time off.
To access different languages for the application process, click START YOUR APPLICATION. Find the drop-down box in the right-hand corner and navigate between English, Spanish, French and Italian.
O&G Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. O&G Industries also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Women and Veterans of the US Armed Services are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Participating Employer.
Please send any cover letters and/or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.