O&G Industries, Inc.- Cost Accounting Manager – Torrington
O&G Industries, Inc., located in Torrington, CT, seeks a Cost Accounting Manager to join our team.
The Cost Accounting Manager will manage the design and implementation of cost control procedures for the building materials and construction divisions in the decision-making processes. This role will oversee and standardize construction billing and construction management reporting functions.
- Work with the operational management teams to prepare unit cost budgets
- Ensure the proper systems and procedures are in place at the operational sites to collect and input data necessary to monitor performance
- Monitor actual unit cost and analyze significant variances
- Prepare periodic cost reports and ad hoc analyses for management
- Monitor projects during execution by analyzing the achieved results and comparing them with budget to identify variations from plan
- Assist and monitor construction billing department
- Provide Construction Management group with accounting and owner reporting support
- Perform periodic audits of Construction Management owner reports to ensure clear, accurate information is being reported in a consistent and standardized manner
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Significant cost accounting and construction experience required
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and financial management
- Proficiency in the use of various software applications – Microsoft Suite
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and reporting tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
To access different languages for the application process, click START YOUR APPLICATION. Find the drop-down box in the right-hand corner and navigate between English, Spanish, French and Italian.
O&G Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. O&G Industries also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Women and Veterans of the US Armed Services are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Participating Employer.
Please send any cover letters and/or resumes to email@example.com.