O&G Industries, Inc.- MEP Coordinator
O&G Industries, Inc., is an innovative and diversified construction and building materials company based in Torrington, CT. Closing in on our 100th anniversary, we are a highly respected leader in our field and ranked as one of the top construction and material supply companies in Connecticut.
O&G MEP Coordinators are a resource to the Project Teams to achieve project success from pre-construction to project completion and commissioning because you have demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. The MEP Coordinator ensures compliance with policies and procedures at multiple job-sites located throughout Connecticut.
You will assist the preconstruction team with development of phasing and logistic plans, perform thorough constructability review of MEP systems and participate in MEP scope review meetings.
During the construction phase you will:
- Work with the Project Team as a resource of information and knowledge for the duration of the project
- Train Project Teams to utilize MEP checklists to confirm proper material and equipment installations
- Assist in reviewing MEP Subcontractor submittals and cost proposals
- Assist in tracking MEP activities within the project schedule recommend resource adjustments as required to maintain schedule
- Assist the Project Team with the commissioning process and provide technical expertise to assist in resolving commissioning issues
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering or MEP construction related field experience
- Minimum of 5 years MEP experience – ideally with progressively more responsible exposure to design, cost, sequence, logistics and field installations of Mechanical and Electrical systems or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Able to identify design features that command cost premiums and recommend alternatives that deliver comparable or improved function
- Must be MEP construction-document and drawing literate
- Demonstrated ability to present technical material
- Strong computer skills, including project management and scheduling software desirable
- OSHA 30 hour certified preferred
O&G Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. O&G Industries also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Women and Veterans of the US Armed Services are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Participating Employer.
If anyone is interested in this position, please send any cover letters and/or resumes to email@example.com or go to our website www.ogind.com/jobs to fill out an application.