O&G Industries, Inc.-Payroll Specialist
The Payroll Specialist will process weekly payroll, including certified payroll, and maintain employee time records including edits, corrections, and adjustments as needed. Specifically:
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, and other deductions
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks, direct deposits, or other special checks for separation or other circumstances
- Process unemployment slips
- Review all new employee setups and weekly changes to ensure seamless processing
- Solves problems concerning payroll, answers inquiries, and enforces payroll policies
- Perform other similar duties as required by responsibility or necessity or as requested by supervisor
Position requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, strong sense of urgency and data confidentiality. This is an employee relations role and requires a high degree of professionalism with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Duties require a visual acuity to written and computer screen data and strong problem resolution skills. You will have demonstrated experience working independently in a team setting and proficiency with payroll software.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least 1-2 years of experience in payroll preferred
O&G Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. O&G Industries also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Women and Veterans of the US Armed Services are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Participating Employer.
If anyone is interested in this position, please send any cover letters and/or resumes to Danielle Fournier at email@example.com or go to our website www.ogind.com to fill out an application.