O&G Industries, Inc.- Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: Torrington, CT
The Recruiter will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified talent for the organization. This includes sourcing, attracting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding O&G employees.
Primarily 8-5/Monday – Friday and travel in CT (RI and MA if needed for college career fairs)
Subject matter expert specific to applicant tracking systems, candidate sourcing methodologies, and recruitment process effectiveness.
- Conduct role briefing with hiring manager(s) and set expectations for recruitment process
- Drafts and publicizes recruitment efforts in appropriate and relevant places
- Manages correspondence and relationships with college placement officers, engineering professors, and professional employment services
- Reviews resumes and conducts initial screen/interviews
- Coordinate with hiring managers move forward candidates
- Assists with salary range guidance based on current, competitive compensation analysis
- Maintains contacts in the construction/engineering community through active participation and membership in professional societies
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- Attends and participates in community and college job fairs and other recruiting opportunities
- Effectively communicate position opportunity and O&G value proposition
- Conduct main office new-hire orientation
- Manages the summer college internship and (rotational leadership program)
- Responsible for maintaining AA/EOE outreach specific
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited degree program in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required; and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in professional capacity in Human Resource or Staffing.
- Experience in construction industry, preferred; Exceptional organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and timely documentation; Good judgment to identify problems, maintain confidentiality, escalate issues, and set prioritization of responsibilities; Research and analysis skills; Professional verbal and written communication skills/strong follow-up practices; Approachable, proactive, and professional attitude at all times while working in ever changing environment; Work independently with oversight and direction, and collaboratively with teams.
- Advanced computer application use, digital social media, MS Office, and MS Excel skills. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, work independently and exercise discretion and independent judgment. Must be able to work as part of a team.
We are an affirmative action – equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Women and Veterans of the United States Armed Forces are encouraged to apply.