O&G Industries, Inc.- Vice President, Business Development
O&G Industries, Inc., an innovative and diversified construction and building materials company based in Torrington, CT, seeks a Vice President, Business Development. Closing in on our 100th anniversary, we are a highly respected leader in our field.
As a key member of the Building Group senior leadership team, your role is to identify and cultivate new business opportunities in the Education, Industrial, and Healthcare markets in Connecticut and Massachusetts. You will evaluate potential customers, build partnerships, and collaborate with internal functional groups from pre-con to close out.
You have significant experience presenting and selling to owners/developers, engineers and architects using an established network. You possess analytical skills and the ability to effectively influence and communicate with all levels of management. You are a credible resource effectively establishing life-long professional relationships with our customers and the communities where they reside. You thrive in a team-oriented environment, working cross-functionally with the Marketing, Pre-Con and Construction teams to enhance existing business and to develop new ways to drive growth for the Building Group.
- Identify and validate opportunities across different industries and prioritize by evaluating profitability and other factors given the competitive landscape
- Lead executive level discussions with internal stakeholders to mutually define the winning business model
- Own the process of pitching, negotiation, and contracting in collaboration with Building Group leadership
- Ensure business execution by monitoring activities and impact against key performance indicators and pivot as necessary
- Ability to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and other value points to existing and prospective customers
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the construction industry with a proven track record in the CT marketplace
- Strong capacity to deliver on sales goals
- Capacity to grow the business creatively
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or equivalent work experience
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package.
We are an affirmative action – equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Veterans of the United States Armed Forces are encouraged to apply.