Rotary Club of Torrington/Winsted Areas Scholarship for High School Seniors
Rotary Club of Torrington/Winsted Areas Scholarship Application
This scholarship will be awarded to a qualified student(s) who are planning to attend college after high school graduation. The number and amount of scholarships given is dependent on club resources. Applicants must, at a minimum, meet criteria listed below.
The scholarship committee reviews every submitted application and screens for those it wishes to interview in the selection process.
The criterion includes:
1) The Student has to have applied and/or been accepted to an accredited
institution of higher education and plans to attend;
2) The Student is a resident of Torrington, Winsted, New Hartford,
Barkhamsted, Norfolk, Colebrook, Harwinton or Goshen or is a direct
relative of an active Torrington/Winsted Rotary member.
3) The Student demonstrates financial need;
4) The Student demonstrates academic achievement,
5) The Student demonstrates the characteristics of good citizenship
All applications need to be submitted by April 30 of the applicable year. The scholarships are awarded on or before July 1 of the applicable year. Awards are dependent on student’s acceptance into an institution of higher education. You can download the application at www.twrotary.org.