White Flower Farm- Assistant Buyer
White Flower Farm in Torrington, Connecticut is seeking an Assistant Buyer. The Assistant Buyer is a full-time, non-exempt, benefitted position working Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
The Assistant Buyer will support the buying process for the White Flower Farm catalog, website, and store on execution of product strategy to meet financial goals. The Assistant Buyer will assist and collaborate with the Product Development Team in analyzing business results and seasonal competitive trends, communicating decisions and key product/departmental information, and will be responsible for daily operational functions across hard good product lines and channels.
Purchase Order Management/Vendor Relations:
- Support manager in up front seasonal plans including ordering and organizing samples, product selection, and inventory management
- Support Purchase Order process by writing, maintaining and tracking all purchase orders; troubleshoot purchase order issues, price discrepancies, and late deliveries.
- Collaborate with Finance on managing inbound deliveries – both domestic and imports.
- Act as the liaison between customer service team and vendor base. Assisting customer service in detailed product questions in a timely manner.
- Foster relationships with 50+ vendors
Publications/New Product Set Up:
- Responsible for new product sku set up, collecting vendor product sheets on all new products and assisting in seasonal catalog sku plans and layout design.
- Responsible for adding key information into product management system
- Partner with copy team on catalog and email copy needs to ensure key selling points communicated.
- Assist in updating the Publications on all photo shoot needs and partnering with them on timing
- Assist on photoshoots as assigned and responsible for coordination of all hard good samples to and from shoot.
- Responsible for sample management- ordering, tracking and returning of samples and organization of multi-season samples.
- Assist with web merchandizing, navigation and category page accuracy. Web merchandizing responsibilities also include related item suggestions for sold out products, search keyword suggestions on key products/categories for accuracy of product details and key selling points. Look for opportunities to improve overall department’s web experience.
- Participate in Company events.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Personable and able to maintain strong relationships both with internal teams and external vendor base
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Detailed Oriented, Organized and able to multi-task
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Occasional Travel
- Some weekend and after hours required
- Retail experience preferred
Mental and physical requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
Salary: $21.00 – $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
WFF is an ADA/EEOC employer
The positions are always listed on Indeed but interested applicants can also contact us at email@example.com.