White Flower Farm- Operations Support Assistant
White Flower Farm in Torrington, Connecticut, is seeking an Operations Support Assistant. The Operations Support Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt, benefitted position which will typically work Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 4:30pm. The Operations Support Assistant will need to occasionally work after hours and on the weekend as needed for IT support.
The Operations Support Assistant provides support for critical operational functions as well as purchasing and help desk support for IT functions. The Operations Support Assistant collaborates closely with the IT Operations Director as well as the Scheduling and Web Coordinators.
Provides primary support for the following responsibilities:
- Management of drop ship vendors includes sending daily orders, setting up vendors in WFF database, shipping software and with UPS. Monitors vendor shipments daily to ensure they are honoring order turn around/deadline commitments. Acts as a liaison between Customer Service and the vendors.
- Processes all Amazon orders including printing packing slips, purchasing shipping, and upgrading shipments as weather requires.
- Downloads daily web catalog requests from the web database, transfers and prints catalog requests using catalog software. Updates, trouble shoots and patches catalog software as required.
- Proofs seasonal uploads against catalog to ensure products in catalog properly launch on the web.
- Orders company supplies such as toner, keyboards, mice etc. as needed. Maintains a current inventory of printers and toners/inks.
- Trouble shoot various hardware issues and open trouble tickets as needed.
- Assist with labeling and inventorying of active hardware as well as stocking the required parts and accessories for all hardware.
- On boards/off board new and departing employees. Includes working with offsite network support team to set up any new equipment that may be needed as well as coordinating setting up new user profiles, file permissions, email access etc.
- Gathers and updates shipping manifest software and WFF database with shipping dimensions and weights for products that qualify for label pre-generation.
Provides secondary support for the following web responsibilities:
- Create and import seasonal files for the web platform to support product launches.
- Address customer service concerns, correcting or updating pricing, shipping details and inventory, as needed.
- Updates and maintains seasonal shipping deadlines as they relate to product (PDP) pages (subtitles) and site wide messaging.
- Updates and maintains vendor specific shipping information as it relates to drop ship product.
- Changes items on website in response to sales trends and e-mail offers.
Provides secondary support for the following scheduling responsibilities:
- Updates the estimated ship time calendar in the database as needed.
- Creates files of IT fields for product launches.
- Keys and processes schedules merge reports, printing of packing slips and updating of scheduling documents.
- Maintains and reports the daily delayed shipment list (P stat list).
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, intelligently and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- PC proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments.
- Flexible scheduling to include some weekend and after hours work.
- Ability to move equipment up to 25lbs.
- Participate in company events.
WFF is an EEOC/ADA employer
firstname.lastname@example.org to Apply