RBC Aircraft Products, Inc.- Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, assist manufacturing engineers to provide technical support to manufacturing and process development of bearings. The purpose of this position is to assure that products can be manufactured with the highest quality standards at the lowest possible cost.
- Able to work with minor supervision and relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish projects.
- Solve technical problems supporting production.
- Manage technical projects to completion. This may include machine rebuilds, corrective actions, new product launches, machine repairs, implementation of 6S and lean activities, etc. that support yearly goals as outlined by senior management.
- Assist manufacturing engineers with manufacturing operations from both a design of operation and troubleshooting view including those associated with development of new products.
- Prepare work instructions and provide training for operators and staff to assure the consistency of operations.
A.S.M.E minimum with 6 months of related experience is desired which would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required. As an entry level position, a recent graduate with a BSME would be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have basic to intermediate computer skills including Office, Word, Excel & email.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving.
- Communicate effectively.
- Work well on teams.
- Understand lean manufacturing.
- Bearing technology.
- Grinding theory.
- Must have understanding of basic machining practices such as turning, milling and heat treat, and plating.
- Must be able to analyze data and make decisions relative to manufacturing process.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Dawn Pietrefase, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
RBC Bearings Incorporated (NYSE: RBC/RBCP) is a leading international manufacturer of highly engineered precision bearings, components and essential systems for the industrial, defense and aerospace industries. Founded in 1919, the Company is primarily focused on producing highly technical and/or regulated bearing products and components requiring sophisticated design, testing and manufacturing capabilities for the diversified industrial, aerospace and defense markets. We currently have 56 facilities, of which 37 are manufacturing facilities in ten countries and our market capitalization is approximately $6.2 billion.