American Mural Project- Director of Marketing & Communications
THE POSITION AMP seeks a part-time director of marketing and communications. This individual will lead the development and implementation of an integrated marketing, communications, and engagement strategy, to include development of programs aimed at building awareness of the organization and mission, expanding visitation, and maximizing engagement and participation across all programs, initiatives, and events. This on-site position is anticipated to require roughly 25 hours per week and will involve some evening and weekend hours on occasion. The successful candidate will work with the executive director and founder/artistic director to set goals. AMP is an equal opportunity employer.
● Serve as principal representative of and advocate for organizational branding, marketing, public relations, and community programs. Contribute to strategic and operational planning.
● Drive the development of all communication and marketing plans from concept to execution, including strategies, action plan, and analysis for all programs and initiatives.
● Maintain organizational voice and style across all marketing and communications pieces.
● Set strategy for and implement all marketing efforts and initiatives, including copy development, design, and distribution of publications and digital content; press relations and media pitches; advertising; promotions; and website content and SEO strategies.
● Develop public relations strategy to garner press coverage from a broad range of regional and national media outlets; work with publicist on execution.
● Work with graphic designer on all design work and marketing pieces.
● Increase audience base for visitation to the exhibit, including developing engaging community programming (these events and activities differ from education programs) that attract new and returning audience members.
● Direct the marketing and community programs budget.
● Spearhead earned income opportunities, including community programming and merchandise.
● Support fundraising and outreach efforts of development department. Advise on sponsorship programs and work collaboratively on sponsor needs.
● Oversee and advise on marketing of education programs, including materials, promotions, and outreach.
● Help position and promote venue rentals as a source of earned revenue.
● Direct and mentor visitor services staff and volunteers, eliciting the highest possible performance.
● Develop monthly KPI reports; analyze weekly visitation reports as well as all digital metrics, including email, website, social, and Google Analytics and Ads, and adjust strategies accordingly.
● Work with staff, photographers, and videographers to create compelling and strategic content for marketing purposes.
● Act as community representative with regional businesses and groups as needed.
● At least 5 years of nonprofit cultural marketing experience and/or community programming/event development and direction, with at least 3 years in an upper management position
● Degree or commensurate abilities and professional experience in the areas of marketing, communications, and/or program and event management
● Demonstrated success in growing audience base
● A keen understanding of and proven success with digital marketing and social media strategies and campaigns
● Experience creating and managing budgets
● Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
● Strong capabilities around collaboration
● Experience working with Salesforce is preferred but not required
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, writing samples, and at least two references to:
Amy Wynn, Executive Director
American Mural Project
PO Box 538
Winsted, CT 06098