COMMUNITY HEALTH & WELLNESS WELCOMES DENTAL DIRECTOR DR. PRAFULL DAS GUPTA
TORRINGTON, CT, December 1—Community Health & Wellness announces the appointment of Dr. Praful Das Gupta, B.D.S., M.D.S., D.M.D., as the center’s new Dental Director.
A native of India, Dr. Gupta is a graduate and Gold Medalist from King George Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow, India, and a Certified Clinical Research Fellow from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. In 2013 he completed his master’s degree in Dental Surgery in Periodontology from I.T.S. Ghaziabad and worked as a Senior Resident in KGMU.
Having established Pankaj Harish Dental Solutions, a multispecialty dental practice in Agra, India, Dr. Gupta underwent full mouth rehabilitation implant training with world-renowned mentor Dr. In Seong Jeon. He also underwent sinus lift training under Dr. Yong Seok Cho.
While practicing full time in India, Dr, Gupta cleared the U.S. National Boards Part 1 and Part 2. After moving to the U.S., he completed his D.M.D. from Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, graduating with High Honors in 2021. Prior to joining CHWC, Dr. Gupta served at a dental practice in Washington state.
Dr. Gupta’s areas of clinical expertise include: general dentistry; dental implant surgeries; anterior and posterior root canals; cosmetic dental treatments; laser surgeries; flap surgeries; and sinus lift procedures. A sought-after keynote speaker and symposium participant, in November of this year Dr. Gupta spoke at the Pacific Northwest Dental Conference in Seattle, Washington, on robotic implant placement procedures.
As a philanthropist who focuses on promoting oral health and participating in outreach programs that increase access to dental care, Dr. Gupta’s charitable work includes:
- Screening leprosy patients for oral and dental diseases at the National JALMA Institute, Agra, India, for leprosy and mycobacterial diseases;
- Organizing and participating in ongoing biannual oral health checkup camps to make oral care available to underserved sections of the community. Over a period of six years approximately 1,200 patients were screened, diagnosed free of charge, and provided treatment at a no-profit fee schedule;
- Participation in an annual program of the Pankaj Harish Dental Solutions that assists the underprivileged community receive dental care and become educated about the importance of oral health;
- Educating and screening underprivileged children at Ek Pahel Welfare Society School of Agra, India, and motivating them to care for their oral health;
- Lecturing at Vaish Haryali Samithi, a woman’s forum in Agra, India, on oral and dental diseases and treatment modalities such as oral care during pregnancy and smile improvement procedure.
- Joined 500 other volunteers for a full day at the Cradles to Crayons program in 2019, assisting with the assembling and packing of more than 10,000 school supplies for children.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Gupta enjoys spending time with his family and friends, cooking, exercising, and traveling.
“As a practitioner, the trust and wellbeing of my patient is always a priority,” said Dr. Gupta. “I believe that teamwork, leadership, and ethical practice are the keys to success.”
“We are pleased to welcome Dr. Gupta as our new dental director,” said Joanne Borduas, CEO of CHWC. “He is dedicated to making cutting-edge technology accessible to every sector of society and is expanding the range of dental services we are able to offer residents of the Northwest corner.”