Washington Supply Company – Lawn and Garden Associate
This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Maintains the lawn and garden area in accordance with company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns, zoning the area, arranging, and organizing merchandise/supplies, identifying shrink and damages, and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Maintains merchandise presentation in the lawn and garden area by stocking and rotating merchandise, removing damaged or out-of-date goods, setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays, signing, and pricing merchandise appropriately, and securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise.
- Provides customer service by acknowledging the customer, identifying customer needs, assisting with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, resolving customer issues and concerns, and promoting products and services, while maintaining a safe shopping environment.
- Receives and stocks merchandise/supplies from distribution centers and suppliers and organizes and maintains the lawn and garden area by following company procedures, utilizing equipment appropriately, merchandising, and completing and retaining required paperwork, logs, and other documentation.
- Operates equipment, such as cash registers and related tools, to process customer purchases using appropriate procedures for different payment types and items sold.
- Must be able to lift to 100 pounds.
- Strong attention to detail
We are willing to train the right person. Please contact Dave Slauson at 860-868-7395 or firstname.lastname@example.org