Burlington Construction- Estimator with Hard Bid & CM Experience
BURLINGTON CONSTRUCITON- ESTIMATOR WITH HARD BID & CM EXPERIENCE
If you are a seasoned Project Engineer/Manager/Construction Professional tired of the job-site commute, consider a new stimulating career path as an Estimator at our corporate office located in Torrington, CT. The primary responsibility is to win new work through development and submission of high-quality estimates and proposals.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Review project solicitation documents for accuracy and completeness and develop questions as they relate to assigned scope of work
- Solicit subcontractor/vendor quotations, prepare and distribute bid documents, respond to inquiries, be knowledgeable of respective scopes of work and responsibilities
- Evaluate and analyze subcontractor/vendor proposal to ensure accuracy in scope (quantities, schedule, inclusions, exclusions, etc.)
- Prepare subcontractor/vendor price analysis sheets
- Assist with purchasing and defining subcontractor/vendor agreement scope of work
- Price self-perform work – site, concrete, demolition, drywall, carpentry
- Prepare and analyze General Conditions/Requirements including project schedule, durations and/or phases of work necessary to complete the work
- Review and understand project cost histories (actual costs) to help prepare new project bids and proposals
- Work with other estimators to keep database prices current
- Create and provide reports for working with stakeholders/management, owners, designers, or bid partners
- Provide estimating support to ongoing projects for large/significant scope changes
Who We Are Looking For:
- Seasoned construction professional with 10-15 years of experience in the industry.
- B.A. or B.S. in Engineering, Construction Science or similar relevant field
- Must have a working knowledge of on-screen take-off and estimating software
- Good interpersonal, communication and written skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Earned Time Off
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- A team dynamic office environment that promotes learning
Burlington Construction Co. Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Burlington Construction Co. also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Women and Veterans of the US Armed Services are encouraged to apply.