O&G Industries, Inc. – IT Developer
O&G Industries, Inc., an innovative and diversified construction company located in Torrington, CT, seeks an IT Developer to join our growing team.
The IT Developer is responsible for using their knowledge of programming to design software programs and solutions. Duties include coding and testing software to ensure functionality, meeting with IT team members and subject matter experts to determine needs and updating software accordingly.
This role reports to the IT Application Development Manager.
- Perform end-to-end development including analysis, requirements, solution, development, testing and support
- Use reporting applications to build reports or assist users to design and build their own
- Develop custom formatted web reports and/or inquiries as needed
- Provide business application support of end-users with the use of any enterprise applications such as JD Edwards, OnBase, Libra, Aplus, etc.
- Conduct research in forums or software documentation to solve code-related issues or any other issues that may arise in the tools used by an organization
- Support creation of content for user manuals and tutorials
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming fundamentals, REST/SOAP APIS, database design fundamentals, SQL queries/joins and CRUD operations
- Knowledge of JDE EnterpriseOne is a plus
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
To access different languages for the application process, click START YOUR APPLICATION. Find the drop-down box in the right-hand corner and navigate between English, Spanish, French and Italian.
O&G Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information, disability, marital
status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. O&G Industries also prohibits harassment and/or retaliation of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Women and Veterans of the US Armed Services are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Participating Employer.
Please send any cover letters and/or resumes to email@example.com.