The Chamber is working to keep our business community informed of the resources and tools available to them during the COVID-19 national emergency. In response to Governor Lamont’s executive order, the Chamber offices are closed at this time. All staff are available via email.
We would appreciate your feedback on how we can help you during this time. Click here to participate in our survey.
Please click the following links for information:
NEWEST INFO ADDED:
- The City of Torrington’s Economic Development office announced a FREE ADVERTISING PROGRAM for businesses.
- Click here to read an important message to the community from Charlotte Hungerford Hospital.
- Nuvance Health – Sharon Hospital is seeking volunteers for their Medical Professional Reserves. Click here for info.
- The U.S. Department of Labor released a temporary rule implementing the paid sick leave and paid family leave provisions of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. The law provides refundable tax credits for employers with fewer than 500 employees to cover the costs of providing paid leave to their employees for reasons related to COVID-19. For information about the temporary rule, fact sheets on the new paid leave provisions for employers and employees, and a U.S. Department of Labor FAQ page, click here.
- Paycheck Protection Program link to the US Treasury Department
- Video Conference Call Tips from Ed Davis of Systems Support Group
- Brian Thompson of defendid shares warnings for scams in the wake of COVID-19.
- Connecticut Department of Revenue extends Sales & Use Tax Return deadline.
- US Chamber of Commerce Guide to the CARES Act.
- From Sharon Hospital – Nuvance Health
First and foremost – Sharon Hospital and Nuvance Health are here for you. We remain committed to keeping you safe, healthy and informed.
Nuvancehealth.org/coronavirus is designed to keep our communities informed with the latest updates and information on steps to take if you have symptoms or concerns about possible exposure to COVID-19, changes to visitation policies, how to contact the COVID-19 Community Hotline, donating supplies to our facilities, and news about our specimen collection sites in New York and Connecticut.Our dedicated teams are working around-the-clock to ensure a safe environment for all amid this global outbreak. We continue to work in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local and state health departments to stay abreast of the latest developments and take necessary precautions.Please follow us on social media @SharonHospital and @NuvanceHealth for updates and health and wellness tips. Together, we can help mitigate the spread and impact of COVID-19 in our communities.
- Eversource Energy COVID-19 Information
- The Small Business Guide to the CARES Act
- Thomaston Savings Bank is offering assistance to small businesses:
- Thomaston Savings Bank’s financial condition is strong and has been built to withstand adversity. The Bank has taken proactive measures to help mitigate the spread of illness and as such our Branch Lobbies are currently closed to walk-in traffic. Our drive–up service remains accessible as well as our ATMs. We strongly encourage our customers to use our digital tools and other resources for self-service banking and 24/7 account access. We will meet with customers by appointment for bank services that cannot be completed through drive-up or other self-service channels. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please call us at 855-344-1874 or visit our website at thomastonsb.com/covid19 for the latest updates and resources.
- Access Health CT has established a special open enrollment period:
- Dear Community Partners, As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to threaten public health, Access Health CT announced a NEW SPECIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD for these exceptional circumstances available from March 19 through April 2, 2020 for qualified uninsured Connecticut residents. Residents can see if they qualify by calling 1-855-365-2428 (Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm). We will not be able to process enrollments online for the New Special Enrollment Period, however you can still enroll online if you have a Qualifying Life Event or qualify for Medicaid/CHIP.
- Salisbury VNA Offers Help During COVID-19
- New Connecticut Bridge Recovery Loan Program Available for Small Businesses Through CT DECD
- Update from Senator Murphy
- Corona Virus and the Workplace – Information for Employers from Secor, Cassidy & McPartland, PC
- Hartford Healthcare Coronavirus Hotline 1-833-621-0600
- Thanks to Roberts Tax Group for notifying us of the COVID-19 Tax Credits and Paid Relief for Workers that is now available. Click here for details. In addition, The IRS unveiled the People First Initative offering more help!
- One of our member’s clients, Chuck Richards of CoreValue is offering a free webinar – “Small Business Triage – Taking Control of your Business during times of Crisis” on Thursday, March 26th at 10:30 a.m. Click here to register. Details: “Many business owners are struggling and in panic mode as more and more cities across the U.S. go into lockdown due to COVID-19. We’ll talk about how to find opportunity during times of crisis and we are here to help business owners find it. It’s 30 minutes and we’ll share 5 steps to help your clients assess, adjust, and excel over the next several months.”
Also for your reference:
- General information on COVID-19.
- Connecticut Department of Labor FAQ on COVID-19.
- Small Business Administration’s Disaster Assistance
- You can call the SBA directly at 800-659-2955 or click here to email them.
- DECD has launched a COVID-19 Business Emergency Response Unit, which will be dedicated to helping businesses in Connecticut navigate the resources available to them during this crisis. Small businesses seeking guidance can reach the unit by calling 860-500-2333. In addition, DECD and Advance CT, a nonprofit organization that works to advance economic competitiveness in Connecticut today began distributing a comprehensive survey to businesses to get information on what types of resources they need through the duration of this pandemic. This will help the state gather important information on the economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Businesses interested in participating in the survey can access it here.
- Connecticut Department of Revenue Services has extended certain filing deadlines. Click here for information.
- Resources & News From Your Fellow Members:
- Hartford HealthCare Vistor Info & Elective Surgery
- Comcast Opens Xfinity WiFi Network Nationally for Free
- Deene Morris of Inspire Leadership: “Why We Should All Hoard Toilet Paper: The Upside to a Shitty Situation”
- Deene Morris of Inspire Leadership: “Innovation Dis-ease and 3 Steps to Greater Vitality”
- SCORE Counseling is available remotely by appointment. Call the Chamber to make an appointment 860.482.6586.